The newly restored and converted, Fishing Trawler Wheelhouse (called The Larry McQuaid after the local Trawler skipper who in 1988 first introduced me to Corcreggan as “the perfect place for (me). This has to be one of the most quirky and romantic Glamping units in Ireland.
The authentic old wheelhouse is fitted out now with a kitchen, couch/bed, dining and a shower/toilet/WHB room attached. There is also a BBQ on the bow of your ship and, on the roof-patio - large wooden deck-chairs offer the best uninterrupted views from the property over Horn Head, New Lake Nature Reserve and the Atlantic Ocean out to Tory Island.
An extensive, healthy-whether-you-like-it-or-not, buffet breakfast is laid on for all ‘Glampers’, dreamers and voyagers in the purpose-built Garden Gazebo.
At the Trawler Wheelhouse we provide:
- The most unusual and romantic accommodation in Ireland
- Wonderful panoramic, lake and sea views from your 'bridge'
- Private patio on the roof with the very best views
- Extensive continental, buffet breakfast included
- Private BBQ on the bow of your ship
- Irish Stew available if booked two hours in advance
- All linen included
- Free car parking 'astern' your ship
- Complimentary WiFi access in Wine Bar (signal sometimes limited)
- Absolute peace, privacy and tranquillity