Mind the gap
The 150-year-old, mahogany railway carriage (exactly like that in the famous Quiet Man, movie) was restored and rebuilt on site to house 5 sleeping compartments: two with double beds and three with two, twin-bed bunks in each. All bed-linen is included.
The ‘Railway Station’ housing the Carriage also has a self-catering kitchen, dining and an open-fire sitting room to the rear. There is a WHB in each sleeping compartment and there are toilets and showers at either end of the Carriage. Oil-fired central heating throughout the building.
Behind the carriage there's a self-catering kitchen, a dining room and a comfortable sitting room with open fireplace for your use. Also, hot showers, and of course a free and extensive Continental Breakfast! A full Irish breakfast or a simple evening meal is available at reasonable rates, if required.
At the Railway Carriage we provide:
- Quirky but comfortable bedroom compartments
- Central heating throughout
- Extensive buffet, Continental breakfast included
- Irish Stew available if booked two hours in advance
- Self Catering Kitchen
- Dedicated showers and toilets (WHB in room)
- All linen included
- Sitting room with tuff and log fire
- Free resident car parking alongside
- Complimentary WiFi access (signal sometimes limited)
- Child friendly environment (especially for Faery lovers)
- Peace and tranquillity a priority